Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fall Mini Album

It's no secret I am not crazy about Fall... to me it's dreary, and just means winter is right around the corner. That being said, I LOVE Fall craft projects. I really like the colors used in Fall projects, and this year I have taken my color cues from Stampin' Up!'s Spice Cake Designer Series Paper. The colors in this DSP are Soft Suede, More Mustard, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, River Rock, and Very Vanilla. I love how I can make a ton of projects, and everything just coordinates!
This mini album is just like the one those lucky-duck demonstrators made on the Alaskan Cruise. They made a stinkin' cute mini album using the Sweets for the Sweet stamp set. Sometimes it's just fun to make a cute mini album for a single holiday or event :)
I thought a Fall-themed mini album would be nice for Thanksgiving. Dinner guests could each take a card and write a few things they are thankful for. Then you could add small photos or a family-favorite recipe. Cute, cute! Each of my Scrapbook Club members got to make this album at our October crop night. I'm so glad they liked it as much as I do!!
This is the front of the album, which is held closed by the "belly-band" of Pool Party card stock. This mini album uses one 12" x 12"sheet of More Mustard Textured card stock. The finished size of the album measures 3" x 4".
I can not get enough of the Gently Falling stamp set!! I highly recommend choosing this set in clear-mount. It's so easy to line up the outline image over your stamped solid image! As I've worked with this set, most of the time I "stamp off" the solid image before stamping onto my card stock. After stamping the images, I spritzed the Very Vanilla card stock lightly with my Color Spritzer Tool and a River Rock marker. Then (even though it's almost impossible to see in the photos) I spritzed the card stock with my mixture of rubbing alcohol and Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.
The album opens to reveal eight little pockets, ready for you to add photos and journaling. I really like how this turned out, and I will definitely have to make a Christmas mini album.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...