Monday, October 17, 2011

Color Inspiration

Today's card has a story behind it...
The colors I used are Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede, and Tangerine Tango. I was inspired to work with this color combination by a floral designer's Facebook post this morning about the trendy colors in fashion this coming spring. If you read my blog, you know how much I love playing around with color combinations. (If you are new to my blog, click on the Color Coach link at the end of this post in "Labels" to see a TON of color combinations.) So when I read the post, I just had to make something using some of the colors.
I figured that because the color inspiration came from a floral designer, it made sense to use a floral image for the focal point  :)
I stamped the large floral image from the Just Believe stamp set in Pear Pizzazz ink onto Very Vanilla card stock. Then, I "colored" over each flower with the VersaMarkerand heat embossed using Tangerine Tango embossing powder. The edges of the Very Vanilla and Pear Pizzazz card stock are sponged with Soft Suede ink. The sentiment - also from Just Believe - is stamped in Tangerine Tango ink onto Very Vanilla card stock, punched out with the Decorative Label punch, and sponged with Soft Suede ink. I used the Decorative Label and 2-1/2" Circle punches to create the Soft Suede layer behind the sentiment. (Click here to see how to make this shape.) The card base needed one more thing... so I grabbed my handy Color Spritzer Tool and a Soft Suede marker. Perfect!
Color inspiration can come from anywhere... a cereal box, sweater, floral arrangement... What are some of your favorite color combinations, and interesting inspirations?

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...