Sunday, June 3, 2012

a simple card sketch + a few reminders

What a beautiful day! I can't wait to run around outside with my boys. But first, I gotta share some creative stuff  :}

I found a neat blog with some great card sketches. They're not fussy, and therefore, easy to recreate! The clean and simple card sketch 192 caught my eye, so I had to whip up a card.
To keep things simple, I started with a 3-1/2"x5" pre-cut, pre-scored Note Card (love these things!). I added a 3"x4-1/2" layer of Calypso Coral card stock (using Dimensionals).
Before I added the Whisper White layer, I used the Simply Scored to score two lines an 1/8" apart. The Calypso Coral DSP is die cut with the Big Shot using the new Apothecary Accents Framelits. I did end up adding three embellishments, but they're super simple. The Calypso Coral Baker's Twine is tied around the cupcake wrapper before adhering it to the card with a Dimensional. I used a 2-Way Glue Pen to add Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter® over the "frosting." And a Whisper White brad adds a very subtle detail.

Before I sign off, I have two reminders... 
After you open your My Digital Studio program, click on "Help," and then click on "Check for Updates."

And last but not least, click here for details on how you can win some BLOG CANDY.

Thanks for stopping by... Have a wonderful day!!!  :} 


 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...