Monday, June 4, 2012

beautiful wings

I found another clean and simple card sketch that I just love
I seriously love how "clean" and "not fussy" this card looks! And it only took a few minutes to put together  :}
I started with a Crumb Cake card base, and then added a 3-1/2"x4-3/4" layer of Summer Starfruit card stock. My sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set. I "inked" the stamp with a Primrose Petals Marker, and using a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, I stamped the bottom "happy birthday" onto the Very Vanilla card stock first. Then I repeated the process using a Raspberry Ripple Marker for the top-most "happy birthday." For the middle "happy birthday," I inked the entire stamp using the new firm-foam Summer Starfruit ink pad. Then I die cut the banner using one of the Bitty Banners Framelits.
I die cut my card stock butterflies with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit... sooooo pretty. Can you believe I didn't use any Stampin' Dimensionals on this card???? Crazy!

Before I show you a few more beautiful wings, don't forget that today is the last day to be entered into the BLOG CANDY drawing! Click here for the details.

Since I was enjoying the butterfly theme in my craft room this morning, I thought I would whip up a cute little 3x3 card for a friend. 
I used Calypso Coral card stock, ink, and Baker's Twine for this little cutie. The images are from the My Friend stamp set. I die cut two layers of White Waffle Paper using the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die. I'm sad the Waffle Paper retired... you can make some neat things with it. If you don't have any, you can die cut a few layers of tissue paper for a similar look.

And now, for the last "wings" in this post...   Look what I found this weekend: 

This mama robin sure picked a silly spot for a nest! I hope we don't get a downpour before the babies are grown. When it pours really hard, the rain streams over the edge from the upper level and down into the lower level gutter. Plus, this is right outside my door to the backyard... you know, the door my boys and all of their neighborhood friends use 7 million times a day!!! Keep your fingers crossed that we see some of those scrawny little baby birds soon!

Thanks for dropping by today!! Have a fabulous day  :}

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...