Monday, June 18, 2012

my new friend, Eleanor

I might just have a new best friend. Her name is Eleanor. I have barely had any time to get to know her, but the time we've spent together stamping has been wonderful. Want to meet her???
I'm sure you think she's as pretty as I do! Today I'm sharing the first card I made using my new stamp set called Everything Eleanor  :}  I used three stamps from this set on my card - the "label" shape, a flower, and the bird - all of which I fussy-cut with my Snips.
I started with a 4-1/4" square More Mustard card base. Then I added a 4" square of Fan Fair DSP, which I dry embossed using the new Chevron Embossing Folder and lightly sanded the raised surfaces. The sentiment, from the Loving Thoughts stamp set, is stamped in Island Indigo ink onto Island Indigo card stock. 
Isn't the layered flower pretty??? I used 4 layers of Fan Fair DSP, which I die cut using the Floral Frames Framelits, and then sponged the edges with Riding Hood Red ink. An Antique Brad holds the flower together and makes a lovely flower-center.

I'll bet you would like more details on that flower, wouldn't you... Surprise! I have a video for you today!!  :} 

Easy, right?!! I can't wait to make more  :}  Thanks for dropping by today!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...