Tuesday, September 20, 2011

more team-meeting projects

Hello stamping friends! I'm playing a little catch-up this week, but it feels good to be back into my stamping groove. I have two projects to share with you today, both from my August team meeting.



I really wanted to use the Flirtatious Designer Fabric to make a cute rosette, like the one I learned to make with my Convention Make-and-Take projects. (Yes, I have actually finished every single Convention project... first time ever!) I am really enjoying using the new Wisteria Wonder, so I turned to my Color Coach, which suggested I add Lucky Limeade and Elegant Eggplant. To make the fabric rosette, I used a 1" x 12" strip of fabric. First, tie a knot at one end, and adhere to the center of a square cut from a Sticky Sheet. Using every ounce of coordination you have, twist the fabric strip at the same time as you wrap it around the knot, pressing it into the Sticky Sheet. Trim excess Sticky Sheet, and adhere the rosette to your project. On this card, the rosette is adhered to Elegant Eggplant card stock punched using the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch.
I stamped the stem image from Raining Flowers in Lucky Limeade ink onto Lucky Limeade card stock, and slipped a piece of Flirtatious Specialty DSP (that matches the fabric -- LOVE that!) behind that layer before attaching to the Elegant Eggplant layer. The sentiment from Curly Cute is stamped in Elegant Eggplant ink.


This card is from my "Workshop in a Bag" treat I got at Convention. It uses the Note Cards, which are great to have around in your stamping stash for quick little projects. You get twenty 3-1/2"x5" pre-cut and pre-scored notecards, plus envelopes... awesome!

While the card looks very fancy, it's really quite simple. Just be sure to stamp your image with StazOn® ink if you are going to color it in. This pretty little cupcake is from Easy Events - a great "covers-everything" kind of set. I used a Blender Pen with Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Peach Parfait, and Wild Wasabi to color the cupcake; the cake stand is colored with Pool Party.
Here's a close-up of the "bling":
To get a little sparkle on your projects, tap your 2-Way Glue Pen onto the chosen area, and sprinkle on some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. So pretty!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...