Monday, May 16, 2011

A "Success"-ful card :)

Each month, SU demos receive an awesome magazine called Stampin' Success. Inside there are great business ideas, as well as more project samples than I will ever have time to make. At the back of the magazine is a card template than has been used to create a project or two featured in the articles. I use the card template as a challenge to myself - and my downline, too! It's good to step out of your comfort zone once in a while, and it's super awesome to have a new template to experiment with each month. This card uses the template from the April issue of Stampin' Success.

The 4-1/4" square base is Tangerine Tango card stock. The Peach Parfait DSP is from the In Color Hostess Pack. I used the Petal Pizzazz stamp set to create the flower layers, which I cut out with my Snips and attached with Dimensionals.
To get multiple colors on each stamped image, I used the 'Rock & Roll' technique... First I inked the stamp in Daffodil Delight. Then, with the stamp at a slight angle, I rolled the edges in Peach Parfait ink. Finally, with the stamp at a steep angle, I rolled the edges in Tangerine Tango ink.
The sentiment is from the Tiny Tags stamp set and punched out with the Jewelry Tag punch. A clear Bitty Button makes the perfect flower center.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...