Monday, May 9, 2011

Basic Gray

I hope everyone had a nice weekend and a wonderful Mother's Day! It was a beautiful day for me - I got to spend time with my in-laws AND my parents, which doesn't happen very often. The weather was gorgeous, the food was yummy, and the children were well behaved. It doesn't get much better than that!
Today's card from the Color Coach is Basic Gray, which is in the Neutrals Collection.

 The "Dynamic Duo" colors are Basic Gray and Basic Black. The Basic Gray layer of card stock is dry embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, and then spritzed with the Silver Foil Smooch Spritz. The sentiment is from the Perfect Punches stamp set, and punched out with the Modern Label punch. I used my Big Shot and the Movers & Shapers Bigz XL die with one of the Punch Windows to die cut a scrap of Basic Black card stock, creating a mat for the sentiment. The Whisper White 5/8" Organza Ribbon adds an elegant touch.


The "Creative Combination" colors are Basic Gray, Melon Mambo, and Old Olive. For this 3x3 card I used the Awash with Flowers stamp set. If you like 'two-step stamping' then this is a great set to try. The sentiment from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set is punched out with the 3/4"x15/16" Oval punch. A Basic Rhinestone and Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon are a great little addition to bring out the 'cute' factor.


I think this card using the "Sweet Set" colors (Basic Gray, Real Red, and Pumpkin Pie) turned out super cute. I used my Big Shot to die cut a piece of Real Red card stock with the Scallop Circle #2 Bigz die. Then I used the 1/16" Circle Handheld Punch to punch a tiny little hole into each scallop. After stamping the creatures from the Greetings, Earthling stamp set and punching them out with the 2-1/2" Circle punch, I colored them in using a few drops of ink and a Blender Pen.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...