Thursday, March 14, 2013

how to stamp a bloomin' marvelous card

Today's card is just "bloomin' marvelous" if I do say so myself  ;) 
I wanted a clean background with lots of "white space," so I chose a layer of Whisper White card stock and added simple texture using the Vine Street* Embossing Folder. 
Before adhering the embossed layer, I tied on some Sycamore Street* ribbon. Just for fun, I added a bow of Pool Party Baker's Twine over the ribbon's knot. 
Using the Bloomin' Marvelous* stamp set, I stamped the sentiment in Island Indigo ink and the flowers in Pool Party ink. The Decorative Label Punch creates the perfect shape for this layer. For a pop of color, I stamped the leafy image in Summer Starfruit and the butterfly in Tangerine Tango. I "fussy cut" the leaves with my Snips, but the butterfly image punches out ever so nicely with the Bitty Butterfly Punch.


*Sale-A-Bration items 
 
And because I think you are all so "bloomin' marvelous," here's the simple card sketch...
Thanks for stopping by my blog... I hope you all have a "bloomin' marvelous" day!

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Love the Blooming Marvelous card!!!! I love coming to your Blog, love your ideas & everything is laid out, easy, peasy, lemon squeasy!!! Sound familiar? Love you Jen, Chris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Blooming Marvelous card!!!! I love coming to your Blog, love your ideas & everything is laid out, easy, peasy, lemon squeasy!!! Sound familiar? Love you Jen, Chris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Blooming Marvelous card!!!! I love coming to your Blog, love your ideas & everything is laid out, easy, peasy, lemon squeasy!!! Sound familiar? Love you Jen, Chris!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...