Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hostess Gift

So I got home very late Monday night, and ran around like a crazy woman all day Tuesday getting ready for Tuesday night's workshop. But it was a good crazy - I was so happy to be stamping right away after all of the Convention excitement.

Shelli's daughter, Shalae, did her first Convention stage presentation this year. Shelli and Shalae demonstrated a cute little gift box, that I thought would be a perfect hostess gift. So, here is my version of the gift box:
I really wanted to show off the pretty new 'In Color' Wisteria Wonder. So I turned to my Color Coach to guide me in choosing other colors to coordinate with my project. The Color Coach suggested adding Lucky Limeade and Elegant Eggplant. I like this combo, but I wanted to add some pink, so I chose Pretty in Pink to brighten up the project.
I used the Box #2 Bigz XL die to make the box, and then filled it with  little chocolates. The 11" long band of Wisteria Wonder card stock has been punched on each end with the Scallop Edge Border punch, and adhered to the bottom and sides of the box. I used the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack to make a hole, and then I tied on Pretty in Pink 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon. I used the Fun Flowers Bigz L die to cut the Lucky Limeade and Elegant Eggplant flowers. The flower image from Raining Flowers (available in wood mount or clear mount) is stamped in Wisteria Wonder ink and cut out with Snips. A Wisteria Wonder Designer Printed Brad makes a great flower center. All of the flower layers are attached with Dimensionals.
Can't you just picture yourself making some of these for your coworkers? It would be a great, inexpensive gift, sure to bring a smile to everyone's face.
I have more ideas for hostess gifts... Contact me today so we can schedule your next stampin' play time :)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...