Saturday, February 8, 2014

an anniversary card

I had so much fun today!!!! I got to spend the morning with some very fun ladies at my local library, and teach them how to create hand-stamped cards. We got to know each other a little bit, learn a few techniques, and create three cards.
The last card we made featured a background stamp, a technique called "masking," and the finished project gave my Big Shot quite a workout! 
After dry embossing the Raspberry Ripple layer with the new Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (a FREE Sale-a-Bration choice!), I adhered it to the Crumb Cake card base. The Very Vanilla layer is die-cut using the Top Note die. Then I used a large "sticky-note" to cover the bottom portion of this layer, and stamped the En Francais background stamp in Crumb Cake ink onto the top portion. After removing the "sticky-note," I stamped the anniversary sentiment from the Express Yourself (hostess) stamp set. There are so many great sentiments in this stamp set, and during class several other ladies chose a different sentiment to stamp onto the bottom of the die-cut. 
After attaching a strip of Crochet Trim, I attached the Top Note layer and started adding hearts. The DSP heart and the Crumb Cake heart are courtesy of our two heart punches. The stamped heart and the Raspberry Ripple heart were die-cut using the Hearts a Flutter Framelits. And a Basic Pearl adds the perfect "ta-da" to the finished card.  :}

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...