Thursday, August 9, 2012

making progress

I finally feel like maybe things are settling down... maybe :}  I found an excellent dentist for our family, who does a fabulous job with children (more on that later). I am also blessed to have found a wonderful pediatrician! And because both the dentist's and pediatrician's office staff knew I would be needing 'proof of visit' paperwork and 'signed forms for keeping medication at school' to start the boys in their new school, they had it ready for me, saving me those second trips to collect everything - yay!  And the pediatrician's office even scheduled Ben's appointments for an allergist and a pediatric urologist for me.  Now I just have to get the kids to the eye doctor, and I think all of the requirements will be met... whew!
I literally used up an entire pen to fill out a mountain of paperwork in the past month. Some of those papers were for the new school district, and on Tuesday, I registered the boys at their new school.
I can't believe my little Aaron will be starting Kindergarten!! He looks so small compared to this huge building! Of course I couldn't show up to school registration without some cute little gifts... 
There's nothing like chocolate to help a teacher's day get a little better, especially a 12-hour day! We also met with the school nurse - one of the sweetest people on earth, I think. And we met one of the "Parent's Club" moms and the librarian, too. Everyone was super helpful! 

Here's a side view so you can see the details of this simple card:
I cut my card stock base to measure 3-1/2" wide by 10-1/8" long. Then I used the Simply Scored to score at 5" and 5-1/8" so that the card would close a little easier over the chocolate square. The Whisper White layer is cut 3" wide by 4-1/2" long. (Stamp sets: Friendly Phrases and Bright Blossoms)

Well, I'm off to get the boys a snack before heading to the church's zoo night. Happy stamping!!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you Jenn! We loved Nurse Sally (she took excellant care of Josh and his allergies!) Love your teacher treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I hope your kids are enjoying their new school :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...