Monday, October 8, 2012

English Ivy "meets" Wonderfall

While getting ready for another stamp class at the Bakery, I started playing around with the English Ivy Stationery. This is pretty stuff! So, at first I felt a little guilty chopping it, but once I finished my card... guilt gone! 
I trimmed the stationery sheet so that I had two layers each measuring 3-1/2" x 5". The piece with the pre-printed background was used on the front, and the other piece was used inside the card. 
Making the pretty leaves was fun, and easy to do. First die cut Very Vanilla card stock on the Big Shot using the Autumn Accents Bigz Die. Then, ink the stamps from the Wonderfall stamp set. Instead of turning the stamp face down to stamp on the card stock, leave the inked stamp lying face up. Turn the card stock leaf over and press it onto the inked stamp. I like to use an acrylic block instead of my fingers to press down on the leaf so that I get an evenly stamped image. The next step is to crumple each leaf. Then, sponge a little ink around the edges and over the creases for added detail. 

I can't wait to share this card tomorrow night! I hope everyone likes it as much as I do!   :}


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Cute card. You are bery creative. I am glad you have found a class you can do at the Bakery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. I love the classes at the Bakery!! The ladies are so much fun to stamp with :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...