Tuesday, October 23, 2012

diagonal embossed stripes

I have TWO cute Halloween projects and a fun technique to share today - woohoo!  :} 
If you've been reading for a while, you know I love texture on my paper-crafting projects. Embossing Folders are an easy way to add great texture, and I especially love when they become multi-taskers in my craft room (any Alton Brown fans out there?).  On this card, I used both the Chevron and the Stripes Embossing Folders!  :}  
All I had to do to make the diagonal embossed stripes is lay the 1-3/4" x 4-1/4" strip of More Mustard card stock at an angle inside the Embossing Folder before running it through the Big Shot - easy peasy! I like how it coordinates with the diagonal stripes on the DSP (Howlstooth & Scaringbone).  

And here's what the diagonal embossed stripes look like on a bookmark: 
A great gift for the grade school librarian, don't you think??  :} 
That pretty much wraps up my Halloween projects... did I make you want the Tricky Treats stamp set yet???  ;)  
Oh, I do have one more Halloween project to share... a freebie on my Facebook Page!  Happy Halloween!!!  :}


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...