Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Kraft Gift Box

Today I'm sharing the third project from my "Three in 3D" class...
Isn't it pretty??? I started with the Kraft Gift Box (124106  $2.95 for a set of 4) and added a piece of Designer Series Paper to each side. (The DSP layers measure 3"x2") Then I wrapped a piece of Chocolate Chip 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon around the box with the seam in front. A faux bow covers the seam and adds a super cute touch.
I wanted something really pretty to decorate the top of the gift box, and I was inspired by a flower that was on a card from the talented Mary Fish. I used the Build A Blossom stamp set to stamp 16 medium-sized petals and 8 small petals in Peach Parfait ink onto the same color card stock. Each petal is punched out using the Blossom Petals Builder punch. To add a realistic touch, I curled the edges of the petals against the side of the Paper-Piercing Tool. Each "layer" of the flower is adhered to a punched circle, starting with the bottom "layer" and building up. I used a lot of adhesive, which needs a good amount of drying time.
To create the flower center, I die cut two pieces of Chocolate Chip card stock using the Daisies #2 Bigz die and my Big Shot. A Dimensional holds the flower onto the box lid.

The next time you're placing an order, be sure to add at least one set of Kraft Gift boxes. They're great to have on hand to wrap up cute little gifts for co-workers, friends, and teachers.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...