Tuesday, November 6, 2012

a little fun for Election Day

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure sure my phone and my mailbox, and therefore my recycling bin, are extremely happy that the campaign season is reaching it's end. In addition to going out and voting for real, I thought it would be interesting to have a little voting fun of my own. 
I made two Fall cards, which both use the same Autumn Accents die-cut leaves and the Wonderfall stamp set

For this first card, I used a layer of Orchard Harvest DSP for the background. After stamping the leaves, I crumbled them and sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink. While it looks like the Vanilla Seam Binding is tied around the stem, the simple knot is adhered with a Mini Glue Dot.


For the second card, I lightly stamped the background with the Netting Background stamp, pressing gently and randomly for a partially stamped image. The leaves are adhered with Dimensionals, and a bow of Linen Thread tied around a stem adds the perfect finishing touch.

So I'm curious..... which card do you like better? If you'd like to play along and have a little fun this Election Day, head on over to my Facebook page and VOTE for your favorite!  Have fun and "vote responsibly."  ;} 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...